Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto (UDUS) hereby announces a Software Competition aimed at developing indigenous innovative Social Media Applications Platforms in Nigeria. Through this event, the University aims to harness the talent within its community to develop applications that allow for comprehensive social networking and content sharing among users. Other aspects to be addressed by the applications include but are not limited to:
- Mitigation of the spread of fake news.
- Development of innovative features to support education.
- Promotion of collaboration among users.
1. The Competition Period begins on Monday, 12/07/21 at 12.00am and ends on Wednesday, 29/09/21 at 12.00am.
2. Submissions may be Web App or Mobile App.
3. Contestants must register for the competition, complete and submit the application form.
4. Shortlisted teams/contestants will be invited to make presentations of their systems to the panel of judges.
5 Winners will be announced on Thursday, 30/09/21 at 12.00pm.
Applications will be selected and awarded for the following categories:
1. Best App for Development Awards (First Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize, and 3 Honorable Mentions)
2. Popular Choice Award
3. Vice Chancellor’s Recognition Award
Interested contestants must register for the competition on the University webpage at https://www.udusok.edu.ng/UDUS_it_compete/ by creating an account and submitting their proposal between 12/07/21 and 21/09/21. Registrants will receive an email, which they must use to verify their account. Once registered, participants may enter their submissions via the Submit Application tab.